TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
It is the Night before Christmas and we hope that everyone has reached their destinations safely and can now sit back relax and enjoy the greatest night of the year.
We here at MLBlogs.com hope that you have enjoyed our somewhat serious, somewhat funny post during the year. We have enjoyed providing the Baseball/Chiefs fans with up-to date information that only Chiefs Blogs can provide.
So as you sit back and relax this evening with a glass of egg nog with the company of family and friends lets leave Santa with a list of things we would all like to see in 2007:
* First Place finish in the I.L. East and a Governors Cup Championship and a trip to the Bricktown Showdown in Oklahoma City in September.
* One more good season from Chad Mottola as he continues to rewrite the Chiefs record book.
* A healthy John Ford Griffin so he can duplicate his 30 HR’s and 103 RBI’s from the 2005 season.
* Adam Lind all season
* Kevin Barker, Chad Mottola and John Ford Griffin in the 3-4-5 spot.
* 25 starts from Dustin McGowan, John Banks, Ismael Ramirez, Ty Taubenheim and Casey Janssen without being called up once.
* No Rainouts the entire season.
* For Nick Pirro and the County Legistlature to approve funding for the relacement of the artifical turf, new video scoreboard and lights so our centerfielder can see the ball.
* A new shortstop or a good deal of improvement from Sergio Santos in 2007.
* Lee Gronkiewicz to save 35 games.
* No injuries in Toronto (unless it’s Frank Thomas).
* Frank Thomas to rehab in Syracuse for a week.
* More fans to watch Chiefs Baseball than ever before.
* A positive story about the Chiefs from our local newspaper.
* Russ Adams to rebound from his 2006 season and get back to the major leagues.
* Chiefs players to be the envy of the I.L. with our hot new uniforms.
* Snow on April 5th, now that we are Opening the season in Durham.
* 70 degrees and sunny on April 14th vs Ottawa for the Home Opener.
* Scooch to have another mascot to help him at the stadium.
* Jeff Costello and the Everything Irish Committee good weather on July 12th so they don’t get rained out for the 3rd straight year.
* Cooler weather for our next Dog Lover’s Night this summer.
* A new Picnic Area for fans to enjoy.
* Bud Poliquin to actually stay for a game.
* And good health to everyone young and old for the year to come.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!