HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE OPENER!
The Syracuse Chiefs hope you enjoyed the Home Opener on Thursday, April 3rd. Some of our observations of the day:
* BJ Hayes and all the tailgaters in the parking lot (we tried to sample all the food)
* The Fab Cats out in front of the stadium giving us some great sound.
* Long lines at the ticket office (that’s a good thing)
* Chiefs players taking batting practice for the first time on grass in Syracuse (since 1996)
* Scooch and Pops back at their favorite spots.
* Gary Dunes in between innings
* Doug Logan the greatest M.C. ever announcing the starting line-ups.
* New County Executive Joanie Mahoney and her family on the pitchers mound. And then announcing that the Chiefs and County are square and look forward to working with each other for the first time in years.
* Joe Whiting giving the anthem some flare.
* Vince Speciale and American Fireworks giving us a tease of what’s to come this summer.
* Bunting all over the stadium.
* Schedule Magnets courtesy of Alliance Bank.
* No ground rule doubles bouncing over the wall
* Bullpens on the field
* David Purcey throwing gas
* Adam Lind’s bomb over the center field wall.
* And of course a Chiefs win on Opening Day.
We hope you enjoyed the day and we look forward to providing our fans with a great season on the field and in the stands. 2008 is going to be something special.