Stuff You’ll Like: May 14
Good morning from sunny, not-as-chilly-as-yesterday NBT Bank Stadium, where the Chiefs and Columbus Clippers will begin a four-game series at 7:00. Starting today at the blog, we’ll be alternating posters for our daily “Stuff You’ll Like” routine…you’ll get opinions on who likes what from both Jason and I as well as our two interns, Jonny and Gabe.
Here’s what’s on tap for today…
- A recap of yesterday’s Chiefs game from Bud Poliquin.
- Grantland’s Jonah Keri looks at the underdog Yankees, among others, in his weekly power rankings.
- The greatest YouTube video you’ll see all day – a cover of “Space Oddity”…in space.
- Bill Hader prepares to say goodbye to SNL.
- The trailer of Season 4 of Arrested Development…no touching!
- Song of the Day: Boston’s “Peace of Mind”, for reasons that have nothing to do with the Bruins. (I just can’t stop humming it.)
- And finally, today’s Chief of the Day goes to former Chiefs starting pitcher A.J. Burnett! Some fun facts about Mr. Burnett…
- He pitched in one game for the Chiefs in both 2006 and 2007, giving up one earned run in 10 innings. Greatest Chief ever? Greatest Chief ever.
- He currently leads the National League in strikeouts with 72. At age 36.
- Dan Patrick recently mistook him for Bronson Arroyo. Oops.
Hope to have you join us tonight at 6:45 on the Syracuse Chiefs Baseball Network. Ross Ohlendorf takes the hill for Syracuse against the Clippers’ Joe Martinez. See you then.