Stuff You’ll Like: May 24
Live from the Hyatt in Columbus, it’s today’s edition of Stuff You’ll Like…the first of which, for my allergies’ sake, is hopefully Claritin.
- In case you missed it yesterday: our first episode of Where Have You Been?, starring guest contestant Brent Axe.
- A look at the night Ted Turner managed the Braves.
- Why the Astros and Marlins are chasing history.
- For SNL fans: a comprehensive list of guests at Stefon’s wedding.
- The story behind some classic Arrested Development gags.
- Song of the Day: British singer-songwriter Thea Gilmore’s acoustic take on “Bad Moon Rising”.
- And finally, today’s Chief of the Day is Kevin Brown!
No, not me.
And not that one either…
That’s the one! Kevin’s a former Chiefs catcher who played 141 games for Syracuse from 1998 to 2000. Some other fun facts…
- He played parts of seven seasons in the major leagues, from 1996 to 2002, with Texas, Toronto, Milwaukee and Boston.
- He ranked fifth on the 1999 SkyChiefs with 13 home runs. (Kevin Witt’s 24 led the team.)
- He’s the highest draft pick ever from the University of Southern Indiana, as a second-rounder from 1994. (Darin Mastroianni, currently on the Twins, was a 2007 16th-rounder.)
- He never actually faced pitcher Kevin Brown. That’s really sad.
Chiefs and Clippers at 7:15 tonight. See you there.