Stuff You’ll Like: May 30th
Happy Thursday from NBT Bank Stadium. The Chiefs are hoping to avoid a four-game sweep today against the Gwinnett Braves. They’ll do so with Ross Ohlendorf on the mound for the first time after tying a career high with 11 strikeouts.
- Here’s the game story from Ohlendorf’s last 11-K game…complete with some Albert Pujols heroics.
- Partially thanks to Jason Grilli, there are sharks in the Pittsburgh Pirates’ clubhouse. Seriously- And.
- Speaking of…are those Pirates finally for real? Really for real?
- A look at how Gus Johnson’s learning on the job for the 2018 World Cup.
- Today’s Song of the Day comes from one of my favorite albums of 2013 – the self-titled album from Jake Bugg, a 19-year-old British singer-songwriter. Here’s “Lightning Bolt”, which you may have heard in a Gatorade commercial…
- And today’s Chief of the Day gets awarded to Alex Rios! Some fun facts…
- Rios is off to a red-hot start with the White Sox, posting a .284/.344/.505 line in 51 games. He’s swatted 10 homers and stolen eight bases. He’s 16th in the American league in slugging percentage and 17th in WAR (according to ESPN).
- In 46 games with the 2004 Chiefs, he sported a .259/.292/.373 line – not great, but good enough to get him up to Toronto that season.
- He inspired this from Hawk Harrelson.
Chiefs and G-Braves at 7:00 tonight. See you there.