Results tagged ‘ Gary Dunes ’
The Syracuse Chiefs hope you enjoyed the Home Opener on Thursday, April 3rd. Some of our observations of the day:
* BJ Hayes and all the tailgaters in the parking lot (we tried to sample all the food)
* The Fab Cats out in front of the stadium giving us some great sound.
* Long lines at the ticket office (that’s a good thing)
* Chiefs players taking batting practice for the first time on grass in Syracuse (since 1996)
* Scooch and Pops back at their favorite spots.
* Gary Dunes in between innings
* Doug Logan the greatest M.C. ever announcing the starting line-ups.
* New County Executive Joanie Mahoney and her family on the pitchers mound. And then announcing that the Chiefs and County are square and look forward to working with each other for the first time in years.
* Joe Whiting giving the anthem some flare.
* Vince Speciale and American Fireworks giving us a tease of what’s to come this summer.
* Bunting all over the stadium.
* Schedule Magnets courtesy of Alliance Bank.
* No ground rule doubles bouncing over the wall
* Bullpens on the field
* David Purcey throwing gas
* Adam Lind’s bomb over the center field wall.
* And of course a Chiefs win on Opening Day.
We hope you enjoyed the day and we look forward to providing our fans with a great season on the field and in the stands. 2008 is going to be something special.
The Chiefs will take on the Richmond Braves tonight and tomorrow before taking four days off for the All-Star Game.
Chiefs outfielder John-Ford Griffin will suit up for the International League on Wednesday in Albuquerque, NM. Game time is set for 7:30 pm and the game will be broadcast live on ESPN2. Complete coverage of the game, including live audio and pitch-by-pitch gamecast, can be found at ilbaseball.com.
The Chiefs will be back at Alliance Bank Stadium on Thursday to open a four-game series with the Pawtucket Red Sox. The Rochester Red Wings will follow for a four-game series from July 16-19.
Another pre-game concert and post-game fireworks show are on the schedule for Friday the 13th. Dunes & The Del-Tunes, featuring Chiefs in-game host Gary Dunes, will play in front of the main gates from 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm. Fans should plan on staying after the game as a fireworks show presented by Alliance Bank will light up the skies above the stadium.
Don’t forget that Sunday, July 15 is Chad Mottola Figurine Night presented by Time Warner Cable. The first 2,000 fans 12 & younger through the stadium gates will receive a limited edition action figurine. Each figurine is hand numbered and also features Chad’s signature on the base.