Results tagged ‘ Joanie Mahoney ’
The Syracuse Chiefs hope you enjoyed the Home Opener on Thursday, April 3rd. Some of our observations of the day:
* BJ Hayes and all the tailgaters in the parking lot (we tried to sample all the food)
* The Fab Cats out in front of the stadium giving us some great sound.
* Long lines at the ticket office (that’s a good thing)
* Chiefs players taking batting practice for the first time on grass in Syracuse (since 1996)
* Scooch and Pops back at their favorite spots.
* Gary Dunes in between innings
* Doug Logan the greatest M.C. ever announcing the starting line-ups.
* New County Executive Joanie Mahoney and her family on the pitchers mound. And then announcing that the Chiefs and County are square and look forward to working with each other for the first time in years.
* Joe Whiting giving the anthem some flare.
* Vince Speciale and American Fireworks giving us a tease of what’s to come this summer.
* Bunting all over the stadium.
* Schedule Magnets courtesy of Alliance Bank.
* No ground rule doubles bouncing over the wall
* Bullpens on the field
* David Purcey throwing gas
* Adam Lind’s bomb over the center field wall.
* And of course a Chiefs win on Opening Day.
We hope you enjoyed the day and we look forward to providing our fans with a great season on the field and in the stands. 2008 is going to be something special.
County Executive Joanie Mahoney outlined the agenda for her first year of office at Bellevue Middle School Academy last night in a 50 minute speech.
Among other things, Mahoney described progess in discussions with the Syracuse Chiefs to resolve the differences the two sides have had in the past.
Our new County Executive has brought a fresh look to Onondaga County and a new way of doing things that can only be beneficial to the residents of Onondaga County.
Chiefs fans look forward to welcoming Joanie and her family to Alliance Bank Stadium on Thursday, April 3rd when the Chiefs open the 2008 International league season.
Thanks to all who attended the 2008 Chiefs Hot Stove on Friday night, January 11th at the Holiday Inn Liverpool. Nearly 500 fans enjoyed an evening of Baseball Entertainment that included the induction of Atlanta Braves manager Bobby Cox and Phillies General Manager Pat Gillick into the Syracuse Chiefs Wall of Fame. Both received their awards early and will be joined on August 16th by Tommy Thevinow, Vic Power, Terry Whitfield, Greg “Boomer” Wells and Ted Kleinhans.
The evening also included Bill Monbouquette, Frank Tepedino, I.L. President Randy Mobley and Onondaga County Execuitive Joanie Mahoney
Circle the date for 2009 – the 48th Annual Event will take place on Friday, January 16th.