Results tagged ‘ Koby Clemens ’
Remember those commercials from the early ’90s that tried to coerce you to stay outside of Disney World if you went? The ones with the targets that illustrated how close Kissimmee/St. Cloud is to Orlando. I didn’t see a Magic Kingdom nearby. Lots of pawn shops, roadside motels and IHOPs, though.
The Nationals were the visitors of the Astros today at Osceola County Stadium. And, well, they led. Big. 5-1 in the sixth. And lost 8-7.
1) Matt Chico allowed five earned runs in one inning. The rest of the staff (Olsen, Storen, Capps, Atilano and Burnett) surrendered two runs in seven innings and a third.
2) Justin Maxwell made a heck of a diving catch in right field with the bases loaded in the fifth against Geoff Blum.
3) Drew Storen threw six strikes in his first six pitches. Looks smooth, folks. Plus, he’s a really engaging guy.
1) Scott Olsen got one groundout in seven batters faced. The first two hitters of the game–Jason Burgeois and ex-Tide/Bat Jeff Keppinger–tripled and doubled, respectively. Burgeois could have made his an in-the-park home run.
2) On the sixth pitch from Storen, Pedro Feliz floated a ball down the first base line. Chris Duncan was mystified by the 30 mph wind and ended the play on his backside. It was one of three trips to the deck for Duncan at first today.
3) The bullpen isn’t exactly a SuperMax prison. Each reliever walked a batter.
So, the Nats have won as many games as you and me. What that likely means for Syracuse: A lot of guys on the roster who have legitimate Major-League experience.
-Ran into Ian Desmond postgame. He got married this offseason. It’s a pandemic. Everyone’s doing it. Congrats to Ian.
-Roger Clemens’ son Koby played first base for the Astros today starting in the 8th. Koby was in Salem with me in 2008. He’s a brave young man who was willing to talk to all comers that season, a really rough one for his family.
-A little girl sitting four rows behind me took quite a fall mid-game. A man a few seats down offered to get her some ice. Very kind. When he returned, the man told the girl’s father a story about another child he saw fall at a game once. Very odd.
-Dear Denny’s waitress, A blueberry pancake puppy does not sound appetizing. It sounds rabid. Signed, Jason.
Oh, by the way, President George H.W. Bush was here. Talk about burying the lead, huh? Secret service agents were all over the third base seats.
26 days until the opener.